Monday, July 16, 2012

Tofu Fettuccine Alfredo

There was a point in my life when I thought I could be a vegetarian, in less than a month I realized that I was so not a vegetarian! But I came to this conclusion without even trying tofu! So, the other day I was grocery shopping and decided I would try tofu for the first time! 
When I got home my first instinct was to refer to the Spark Recipes App. I've used this app many times, like for my baked potato soup! So, I found many recipes but decided to pick one for "tofu fettuccine alfredo"and It was awesome!

Ingredients:
-Cooked fettuccine
-12oz. soft tofu, drained
-3 garlic cloves, minced
        *I used this site to learn how to mince fresh garlic*
-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
-1 tbsp olive oil
-1tbsp onion powder

Directions:
1. Cook pasta.
2. As pasta is cooking place tofu, garlic, cheese, oil, and onion powder into the blender and bland until smooth.
3. Pour this mixture into a sauce pan and warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Toss pasta and mixture, and viola, you're done!



What are your favourite recipes with tofu in them?

No comments:

Post a Comment