Friday, May 6, 2011

You Help Me Sur-Five

Don't you love those days where you open your eyes, and suddenly you get this jolt of energy, you hop right out of your bed and start your day?! Well that's how my day began!
As the day went on though, I got kinda sluggish, and my eyes started getting heavy, and before I knew it I was in a grumpy mood. Don't you just hate those days?!
I have no idea what happened (It might have something to do with the sky getting darker, and currently resulting in MORE rain! But who's to know.) So I figured maybe reminding myself of the good things in life would make my evening a little more happy!

I swear yesterday was our first sunny day In almost a week! I actually got to wear my sunglasses on my walk to school! I may have been a little over-excited about this, but if you lived around here, you would understand!

This past Monday Shania Twain was on the Oprah show promoting her new book, and her new show. You should know that when I was a little girl, Shania was my idol! My first concert I ever went to was a Shania Twain Concert! So while watching the interview, and listen to her talk about her life, I found myself liking her even more! The things she has gone through would cause any normal person to curl up in bed and never come out, but instead Shania stood strong! So naturally after hearing only some of her story I wanted to know more! I had a craving for her book, and luckily I have an amazing Mom who bought it for me just yesterday! I have only read a chapter of it, but so far It is amazing! I cannot wait to do a review on it!

One thing that can usually always calm me down when I'm in a bad mood, is cuddling up in bed with the door closed, my fan on, and just reading blogs I love in peace! I don't know what it is, but it's as if it's therapeutic to me!

You're probably wondering what the heck this is....would you believe me if I told you it was apple sauce?! Well surprise, surprise, It is! I have been trying to make apple sauce for the longest time and I finally found a good recipe that works! What doesn't work is my improvisation skills.... It called for 1/3 of a cinnamon stick, but we didn't have any so I figured I would just use ground cinnamon....let's just say It's the spiciest apple sauce I have ever tasted!

Our old fire pit had gotten kind of old, so last Saturday we bought a new one, and it just so happened it was a beautiful night so we even got to have one! I came up with an amazing new smore recipe that I will share with you all soon!

What helps you Sur-Five???


*Note; All photos on this post were taken with my iPhone!
This should explain the quality problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment