Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscars

So, last night we made Oscar history! I watched the whole thing from the Red Carpet arrivals on E talk, through all of the nominations for Avatar, {I could have swore they were nominated for every single catatgory!} right to the Best Motion Picture of the year! I am so proud of Mrs. Kathryn Bigelow, for being the first woman to win the Achievement in Directingn Oscar! If you missed the Oscars last night, here are some of the main oscar catagory's.


~Best Motion Picture of the Year - The Hurt Locker
~Performance By An Actor In A Leading Role - Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart
~Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role - Christoph Waltz, Inglourious Basterds
~Performance By An Actress In A Leading Role - Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side
{Her speech was amazingly touching, I think she might be my new favourite Actress.}
~Performance By An Actress In A Supporting Role ~ Mo'Nique, Precious:Based on the novel "Push"
~Best Animated Feature Film Of The Year - UP
{I am soooo happy about this!!}
Ok, so lets get to my favourite part! The Red Carpet!! I've Picked my Top 5 Best Dressed, and my Top 5 Worst Dressed, here they are~
~Top 5 Best Dressed~
Number 5~ Meryl Streep, in Chris March, with Fred Leighton jewels and a Swarovski clutch.
I simply love Meryl Streep, she's so elegant, and classic,
I think this dress definately suits her personality!
Number 4~ Cameron Diaz, in Oscar de la Renta, with Cartier jewels.
I think one of the main reasons why this dress is in the top 5 is because of the glitter, and the majestic princessness of it!
Number 3~ Sarah Jessica Parker, in Chanel Haute Couture, with Fres Leighton jewels.

I swear, Sarah Jessica Parker is one that never dissapoints, she's always got the most amazing, outfits, wether it's on the red carpet, or on the streets of NYC. Love the artisticness of this dress.


Number 2~Sandra Bullock, in Marchesa, with Neil Lane jewels.

Sandra Bullock is pulling more of a Mrs. Sophisticated, than a Mrs. Congeniality, it definately works for her!

Number 1~ Penelope Cruz, in Donna Karan, with Chopard jewels.

I don't know what it is about this dress, but I'm kind of in love with it, it just looks so I don't know....comfy?...yet classic?...yet beautiful?....I'm just speechless.

~Top 5 Worst Dressed~


Number 5~Nicole Richie, in Reem Acra.

Is it just me or does she look like a snake in this dress, plus her makeup?!

Number 4~ Charlize Theron, in Christian Doir, with Harry Winston jewels.

...hmmm, I don't know if the cupcake boob is really working in her benifit.

Number 3~ Diane Kruger, in Chanel Haute Couture, with Chanel Fine Jewlery, jewels, and a Chanel clutch.

I love Chanel..but It kinda reminds me of Black crows, then some beige kind of bird, all smooshed together in a dress.

Number 2~ Zoe Saldana, in Givenchy Haute Couture.
...Ok, this just reminds me of an oompa loompa/ telatubbie mixed together.

Number 1~ Vera Farmiga, in Marchesa, with Fred Leighton jewels.
.....Do I even have to comment...because i'm speechless.

These aren't wost dressed, but they are outfit's, I thought I should point out.
Cute dress, I would totaly wear this!!!....to the beach.

Ok, so, Amanda Seyfried, and Jennifer Lopez both wore Armani Prive dresses, made in the same material, I personaly thought it kindof resembled bubblewrap...but anyways. Amanda's dress, was very Cinderelalish, {In a bubble wrap kind of way} while Jennifer's was, more beautiful from the side, where it resembled a blooming rose, very elegant, but from the front view {below} ....not so elegant to the booty/hips.
What were your favourite Oscar moment's, or outfit's?!
*The above photo's do not belong to Don't Blink*

No comments:

Post a Comment